The Windows XP might be an old one, but still many enthusiasts (including me) are still using it. The classic Windows XP look doesn’t amaze me at all, it looks boring. But luckily there are many solutions to this problem, and one of them is using good-looking themes.
OK, firstly you will need a patched uxtheme.dll file which allows usage of 3rd party themes. The installation is pretty simple, just follow this link and install the program. Additional to the patched .dll file, you will need a theme to use. Here, we will present you the 30 good looking Windows XP themes.
- Optimized thumbnails for faster loading
- Fixed broken images
1. Gaia – trust me on this one, this theme looks just epic. The level of editing is enormous. With a bright style and colorful buttons it’s just amazing.
2. Noyau – a simple and clean theme. The window control buttons are hidden (minimize, restore, maximize) until you mouse-over them.
3. NewXP – black and white theme designed by Neobdium.
4. Knurra – a theme featuring four preset colors: blue, green, orange and pink.
5. XPro- a minimalistic XP theme with a digital button look.
6. XPro2 – an updated version of XPro theme, with cooler buttons and taskbar.
7. Circo – a circle based theme. All the buttons are, guess it – round. Two styles included, grayish and greenish.
8. Led – if you like the simplicity of led diodes you’ll be liking this theme.
9. Led2 – updated version of the Led theme, with the biggest change on taskbar.
10. Play – visual style for play suite containing two versions, dark & soft.
11. Concept – a high tech looking Windows theme. The buttons are similar to those of Led theme.
12. 7pro – a dark/light styled theme with red buttons and an unusual windows button.
13. Appows – an amazing theme pack containing five style. Whether you like light or dark theme, surely you’ll find one here.
14. Curve – a black and white themed style, with some nice curves in it.
15. Darks – the name says everything, a dark styled XP theme.
16. GuiStyle – a theme for all the red lovers. A really colorful theme, brings freshness to your desktop.
17. NiteLite -this style is based on a palette void of colors. A combination of Black, White & Grey tones, thin taskbars & thin captionbars.
Designed for everyday use.
18. Tri - smooth and nice look with three different available fonts makes this theme more than beautiful.
19. Air – a black theme with good looking buttons. Not sure where the creator got name from.
20. Android – owning an Android phone? If you do, surely this theme will suite you.
21. Android v2 – much more styled than the first version, with nearly the same color set.
22. Orbe – the word “Orb”, in french “Orbe” from the Latin orbis ‘circle’, is another name for a round object, especially a disk or a sphere.
23. WaZoo – a minimalistic theme featuring five different styles: blue, red, green, purple and grey.
22. Duel – a great looking style where everything is based on black circles.
24. Area o4.2 – surely one of the best looking themes out there, featuring 12 different styles.
25. Nest Suite -a black & orange styled minimalistic theme.
26. Basic - a basic and simple theme, yet very elegant. The light grey color scheme looks fantastic.
27. SONA - a theme name which reminds me on Prison Break. Oh well, it’s a simple theme with two styles, green and red.
28. SlanXP 2.0 - a very dark theme that works good for those with very bright LCD monitors.
29. Woodwork Dark – an elegant styled theme with really interesting buttons.
30. Seonce - a pure black theme. Another name for this theme would be darkness.